The RMLC and SESAC reached agreement on a new set of new license forms that will cover the period of January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018 and include the following key features:
- Like ASCAP and BMI, a single, percentage-of-revenue license fee for SESAC covering over-the-air, HD multicasting, and streaming. Music-format Represented Stations’ license fees during the term will be 0.2557% of Revenues (as defined in the 2017 ASCAP Radio Station License and net of the same 12% deduction included in the ASCAP license).
- An increased All-Talk Amendment discount. Talk-format Represented Stations will receive a 77.5% discount off of the music-format rate, resulting in an effective rate of 0.0575% of Revenues.
- A credit and refund mechanism applicable to Represented Stations that overpaid SESAC.
- Group Amendment available to owners of multiple stations. For administrative ease, station group owners can sign a single Group Amendment form on behalf of multiple stations. Station groups that sign the Group Amendment can add stations acquired during the license term to their Group Amendment.
- No minimum-fee provision and no music-usage reporting requirements.
These improved SESAC license terms are only available to stations that initially authorized the RMLC to represent them in negotiations and arbitration against SESAC for the license term of January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2018 and which maintained their eligible status throughout that process.
In order for eligible stations to remain in good standing with SESAC, annual revenue reports must be submitted to SESAC by April 1 of each calendar year (for the previous year). Effective with the 2018 revenue report submission (due April 1, 2019), reports must be filed with SESAC in digital format. Licensees can login to their account at www.SESAC.com or https://licensees.sesac.com/Licensing/Login.aspx and then select Submit RMLC Annual Reports and follow on-screen instructions. Any questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019-2022 SESAC Radio Station License
The RMLC will soon begin negotiations with SESAC on rates and terms to apply to RMLC-represented stations for January 1, 2019-December 31, 2022. If SESAC and the RMLC cannot agree to reasonable rates and terms, the RMLC will continue to protect the stations it represents in arbitration.